Book Review Policy
I will not be accepting any new books for review until January 2018. I will also no longer be accepting e-books or eGalleys unless I have specifically requested them. Thank you for understanding.
I have provided a review schedule (here) of the books which I have agreed to read and review thus far.
I do not accept to read and review every book which is sent to me, but I make sure that I get back to everyone who contacts me about a book/books, and inform them whether I will accept or not. If I do not hear back from a contact once I have agreed to review a book, however, I will assume that the agreement is void and I will not read and review it.
What I like to read:
I prefer to read:
- Young Adult (YA)
- Science Fiction
- Comic Books / Graphic Novels
- Manga (Japanese comics)
- Literary Fiction
- New Adult
- Historical Fiction / Romance (Adult)
And on the occasion also read:
- General Fiction (Adult)
- Mystery & Thrillers
- Sci Fi & Fantasy (Adult)
- Dystopian Fiction
ARC & Finished Copy Format:
I accept advanced reader copies (ARCs) and finished copies of books in print format (most preferred), and ARCs in e-book format (preferably EPUB) for review consideration, from authors, agents, publicists, etc. (but please see the bolded note at the top of this page regarding e-books).
Through my contact page on this site, or by emailing me directly at email@example.com.
Where I will be posting my reviews:
What I talk about in my reviews:
I look at whether the characters have been fleshed-out, or whether they are flat. I look at world building, and the effectiveness of descriptive language (or lack of effectiveness). I also look at the plot, whether the author’s writing is good or not (in the particular book which I am reviewing, not their general / overall writing). I make sure not to read other reviews of the book (if there are any) prior to writing my review, so that my review will not be influenced by the opinions of others. My rating system is the 5 star system (though on this blog, I use huskies rather than stars).
I do not commit to review every book which is sent to me. I will be honest in my review. And if I dislike a book, I will point out what it is about the book which I dislike, and/or where it could use improvement.
I will respond to review requests, even if I am not interested.
The speed with which I put up a review depends on how much free time I have available at the time (this is a hobby, and not my actual occupation).
I mostly review books which have been sent to me by a publisher or author, books which I have requested (from the publisher directly, or through NetGalley), as well as books which I have borrowed from my local library, or have purchased personally. I also indicate how I accessed the book at the beginning of each of my reviews.
Once I am finished with a book that has been sent to me in exchange for an honest review, I will delete it (if an e-book), or I will donate it (if a physical copy).
I post my own personal opinions about books, as by someone who reads for the purpose of being entertained and/or inspired. And I will not be reviewing any books or works by anyone whom I personally know or am connected with.
Product Review Policy
- I will not be accepting to receive or review every product which is pitched to me. I will distinctly respond with a yes or no to whoever may contact me about reviewing a product.
- My reviews will be entirely objective and not affected by any outside influences (especially by companies or their representatives).
- My review can be positive or negative, based on my own personal experience with the product. I post honest reviews.
- Any reviews which I agree to write, will be posted on my blog and social media 2-4 weeks after I have received the product/s. And if I need more time, I will be sure to be in contact.
- I will accept samples as well as full size, ready for sale, products (although I prefer the latter, as it gives me a more realistic feel for the product which will actually be sold to consumers).
- I will be providing links to where I am aware that the product can be purchased. If you would like for me to include links which I may not be aware of, please include them in a message or e-mail.
- I will inform my contact when the product review is live on my blog.
- My review lengths range from approx. 200 words to approx. 700 words, depending on how much I have to say regarding a product. I am willing to negotiate the length of review, but reserve the right to agree or disagree when negotiations come to a close.
Thank you very much for reading my policies, and if you have any questions, please be sure to contact me!